Just a bit of fun to bring in the new year. We subjected my little boy Roman and his cousin Oliver (both 7-years-old) to a bunch of philosophical questions to see what kinds of answers their innocent young minds might conjure up.
If you fancy running some of these past you own kids, here are 20 philosophical questions I cobbled together from various questionnaires scattered around the interwebs:
- Do aliens exist? Why/why not?
- How do you know you’re not just dreaming right now?
- How would the world be different if animals could talk?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make, and why?
- If you could invent something that would make life easier for people, what would you invent?
- If you could give one gift to every kid in the world, what gift would you give?
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- If you could grow up to be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
- What makes somebody a good friend?
- Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- When you’re scared, what do you do to make it less scary?
- Who’s the worst person in the world?
- Who’s the best person in the world?
- What is the most disgusting thing you can think of?
- What’s the hardest thing about being a kid?
- If you could time-travel, where and when would you go?
- What is the meaning/purpose of life?
- What is the key to happiness?
Be sure to let us know of you got any particularly funny or creative responses from your little ones in the comments sections below.
Image courtesy: Lord Jim
ENJOY THIS PODCAST?
If you enjoy this podcast or find any of my content useful, please consider supporting this project.
Alternatively, donate via Patreon to receive exclusive member benefits including:
Bonus content from the podcast
Danny’s AMA (Ask Me Anything) episodes
Monthly Live Q&A
Access to our Private Facebook Group
Sponsorship credit and more...